Re: Faster install-sh in C

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
Cc: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Faster install-sh in C
Date: 2005-03-07 18:50:23
Lists: pgsql-patches

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Well, apparently everyone says the system install is not portable and
> the discussion stops there.

Well, who actually says that? I know that I was the one who actually
coded up the current avoid-system-install-at-all-cost behavior, but
only because we were too annoyed at the time to do more research. Now,
as long as someone's spending time on it, it may be worth investigating
what is wrong and provide an explanation for the benefit of the entire
autotools-using community.

--
Peter Eisentraut