Re: plpythonu strange syntax error

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Michele Bendazzoli <mickymouse(at)mickymouse(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plpythonu strange syntax error
Date: 2005-03-05 16:41:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 04:46:02PM +0100, Michele Bendazzoli wrote:

> Yes it works. So the problem is that in Windows system PGAdmin seem to
> create the function with CRLF characters.
>
> I don't know if it is a python fault or a pgadmin fault but I think that
> someone should fix it, because it is impossibile to use PGAdmin to
> create plpython function in windows ...

Opinion differs on whose fault it is. My understanding is that
Python's behavior is intentional, so one could argue that pgAdmin
should take care of the problem. On the other hand, one could argue
that Python's behavior is silly, and that Python should be fixed.

Since pgAdmin is a more specific tool than Python is, I expect it
would be easier to address the problem in pgAdmin. But I don't
know enough about pgAdmin to say whether such a "fix" would cause
other problems.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/