Re: Form Design Advice

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>, Ross Gohlke <ross(at)grinz(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Form Design Advice
Date: 2005-03-04 23:57:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

--- Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 00:27:05 -0600,
> Ross Gohlke <ross(at)grinz(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > Code your form manually with the proper element
> names. Add a hidden
> > element for each visible element to pass the
> field's type for validation
> > purposes.
>
> This should be in an additional table in the
> database, not on the form.
> Otherwise the end users can send back incorrect
> types to check against
> which could potentially be a security issue.

bruno, help me out here. are you saying that a table
in the db should have columns for table, column name
and field type (same as data type, right?)?

Would the layout look as follows?

Table: t_form

Columns: table, column, data_type

Sample Entry: customer, customer_name, varchar
Sample Entry: customer, customer_phone, varchar

tia...