Re: buildfarm issues

From: "Jim Buttafuoco" <jim(at)contactbda(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: buildfarm issues
Date: 2005-03-04 20:32:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew,

A couple of things,

1. we need to develop a matrix of systems/os/compiler to see what coverage we do have and compare it to the INSTALL
guide.
2. the run_build.pl should be changed to keep the information on the system to date (and have the matrix in 1 change)
3. have the run_build.pl script check the build farm CVS to see if there is a new version of the build farm code and
either download and/or alert the owner of the system

I am able and willing to help out in all of the above. I am also willing to help fill the gap in systems if needed. I
have been using perl for over 10 years now (since perl 4 days) and have been doing web/postgres coding for the last 6
years.

Let me know what I can do to help

Jim