BUG #1527: select retrieves 0 rows after vacuum analyze

From: "Theo Petersen" <tpetersen(at)ocv(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1527: select retrieves 0 rows after vacuum analyze
Date: 2005-03-04 20:22:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1527
Logged by: Theo Petersen
Email address: tpetersen(at)ocv(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 7.4
Operating system: Linux (Gentoo)
Details:

I have a database (network monitoring data created by OpenNMS) that exhibits
this behavior:

1) I restore the database from a production backup.
2) I perform a select that joins four tables, and get 9 rows of output.
3) I use the command VACUUM ANALYZE to maintain the database files.
4) I perform the same select and get 0 rows of output.

I've reduced it to those steps to verify the problem.

Regards,
..Theo