Re: Please help

From: Kumar S <ps_postgres(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please help
Date: 2005-03-01 18:03:33
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Sean,
I tried a SELECT statement in INSERT Statement.

INSERT into xx(aa,aa,my_FK) values(bb,bb,

(SELECT my_fk
from my_chip_table
where chip_description ~'U133A'
)
);

The problem with this procedure is:

genechip_id
-------------
4
5
(2 rows)

I am getting two chips:

4 | Human Genome U133A 2.0 Array |Homo sapiens
5 | Human Genome U133A Array | Homo sapiens

U133A has also a Ver.2.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Kumar