Re: Development schedule

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Development schedule
Date: 2005-02-25 18:10:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

>> I thought we were trying to get away from a midsummer feature freeze, due to
>> the general lack of personnel in that season?
>> So I'd advocate either freezing in May, or in September.
>
> Well, if you take the summer-vacation argument seriously, then nothing
> will get done between May and September anyway, so we may as well freeze
> in May ;-)
>
> I'd be happy with saying June 1.

I concur with Josh on this ... that kinda wastes the 'two months of
summer' when ppl are really sporatically around, so no really testing will
get done ... I'd rather see a Sept 1st feature freeze, once most ppl are
back from holidays and are a bit more steady ... it means those working on
the big features have a few extra months to hammer out the kinks, and
those testing are a bit more 'consistent/focused' then they are when they
are planning, or on, holidays ;)

----