Re: stats collector appears to be dying

From: Shelby Cain <alyandon(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: stats collector appears to be dying
Date: 2005-02-23 22:28:23
Lists: pgsql-general

--- "Matthew T. O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net> wrote:

> Windows firewall perhaps?

I double checked to make sure it was disabled.
Regardless, if a firewall were preventing the
connection from occuring I'm fairly certain the error
would be something other than "target machine actively
refused" which implies trying to connect() to a port
that is open but doesn't have a listen socket bound to
it.

Anyway, the first line in my log mentioning the stats
collector process is the following:

"2005-02-23 14:59:17 FATAL: could not read from
statistics collector pipe: No such file or directory"

I suspect that is the critical clue as to what might
be happening on this box. This is a default
installation with a few deviations from the supplied
default config. Any other ideas?

Regards,

Shelby Cain