Re: pg_hba.conf

From: Dick Davies <rasputnik(at)hellooperator(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_hba.conf
Date: 2005-02-22 16:14:23
Lists: pgsql-admin

* Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> [0218 15:18]:

> Perhaps easier would be to set "PGSSLMODE=allow" (or even "disable") in
> the client environment. This will work for libpq-based clients; there
> may be something equivalent if you are using other software.

Thanks Tom, I'll give that a go.

> Also: why aren't you just using a Unix socket? We never do SSL over
> Unix sockets.

As I said, it's set to 'trust' and restricted to a local group.

Also, the deletion/rebuilding of the socket causes the application to
lose the db connection, hopefully it will be more forgiving of a server
bounce over IP.

--
'Oh, wait you're serious. Let me laugh even harder.'
-- Bender