Re: trrouble inserting stuff like é

From: Aarni Ruuhimäki <aarni(at)kymi(dot)com>
To: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: trrouble inserting stuff like é
Date: 2005-02-19 08:21:51
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

Glad I could help.

I am no expert on this stuff either, but after some experiment LATIN1 is what
I ended up using. Works with Scandinavian and German umlauts too and even
with russian characters. I create my dbs manually via terminal and clients
access them with browser interface through internet. We are using RH, FC2 and
TSL (Trustix Secure Linux) as servers.

BR,

Aarni

.