Re: Bibliography updates for new editions?

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bibliography updates for new editions?
Date: 2005-02-15 17:11:58
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 10:57:34AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 15. Februar 2005 03:20 schrieb Michael Fuhr:
> > Should entries in the Bibliography be updated to reflect new editions?
>
> Sure. Please submit a patch.

Will do. Just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be wasting anybody's
time by doing so.

> > Would it be appropriate to add links to Amazon or another bookseller?
> > If the project would rather not favor a particular retailer, then
> > maybe it would be reasonable to link to the publishers' own web
> > pages where such exist.
>
> I think everyone who is able to use a computer is able to find that
> information by himself.

Sure, but why not save them the effort? If somebody (me) is willing
to track down the links, what benefit is there in not providing them?
The Bibliography already provides links to other items -- why not the
books as well?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/