Re: postgresql 7.4.6 slowing down

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Frans <fransgunawan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql 7.4.6 slowing down
Date: 2005-01-31 05:13:49
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 08:28:28AM +0700, Frans wrote:

> I'm using Fedora Core 2, apache 2.0 and postgresql 7.4.6.
> Recently, the application is slowing down. When I check the process
> using "top", sometimes postmaster process time is increasing and the
> process is never end, I think this cause the application slowing down
> and sometimes this process make the server slowing down and I have to
> restart postmaster.

Have you investigated what queries are running? See configuration
settings like stats_command_string and log_min_duration_statement
in the "Run-time Configuration" section of the "Server Run-time
Environment" chapter of the documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/runtime-config.html

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/