Database Scalability

From: "M(dot)V(dot) Jaga Mohan" <jagan(at)syringacommunications(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database Scalability
Date: 2005-01-28 04:54:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

HI All,

I am using PgSQL 7.3 for my Application. My problem
how can I scale my database ? I mean how many records
I can have in my database. and what will be the data
retreival speed when multiple clients access the
database. Is there any software or mechanism to find
out this ?

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

thanks
Jagan

=====