Resetting sequence

From: "Keith Worthington" <keithw(at)narrowpathinc(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL Novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Resetting sequence
Date: 2005-01-25 22:19:41
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All,

In my database I have the following table with a serial column. All of the
data has been deleted from the table. I would like to know if the sequence
can be reset such that the next time a record is written into the table it
will have a value of 1. TIA

# \d inventory.tbl_detail
Table "inventory.tbl_detail"
Column | Type | Modifiers

----------------+------------------------+----------------------------
inventory_id | integer | not null default
nextval('inventory.tbl_detail_inventory_id_seq'::text)
inventory_date | date | not null
inventory_type | character varying(20) | not null
note | character varying(511) |
"tbl_detail_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (inventory_id)
Foreign-key constraints:
"tbl_detail_fkey1" FOREIGN KEY (inventory_type) REFERENCES
inventory.tbl_type(inventory_type) ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE RESTRICT

Kind Regards,
Keith