Re: A Question

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Guillaume LELARGE <gleu(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
Cc: neo anderson <freeonfair(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A Question
Date: 2005-01-25 01:26:56
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 09:15:03AM +0100, Guillaume LELARGE wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> >For some time already I have wanted to work on a system that would allow
> >you to keep the translation up to date easily, maybe involving XLIFF and
> >a database.
>
> There's po4a (http://po4a.alioth.debian.org/). It builds po files from
> sgml files. But I don't know if it can work on big documentations.

Personally I hate PO files. So I rejected the xml2po solution some time
ago (which Gnome and KDE use).

Then again, maybe my problem is not PO files, but rather the tools to
handle them. I hate them so passionately that I edit them with vim
instead. I'm too lazy to come up with another one, of course.

"Linux transformó mi computadora, de una `máquina para hacer cosas',
en un aparato realmente entretenido, sobre el cual cada día aprendo
algo nuevo" (Jaime Salinas)