Upgrade from v8rc5 to 8.0.0 fails

From: "Keith Worthington" <keithw(at)narrowpathinc(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL Novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Upgrade from v8rc5 to 8.0.0 fails
Date: 2005-01-21 22:50:40
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All,

We are chasing a few problems around and I thought it would be a good idea to
move to the offical release prior to chaing our tails.

The download, build and check all went well. However, when I execute a gmake
install I got lots of errors saying "Cannot open: File exists" That doesn't
shock me since I am upgrading but what is the proper way to perform the
install when upgrading?

Kind Regards,
Keith

99main Internet Services http://www.99main.com