BUG #1430: CSRSS.EXE high CPU after 8.0 Installed

From: "Rick Walrond" <rick(dot)walrond(at)mhs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1430: CSRSS.EXE high CPU after 8.0 Installed
Date: 2005-01-21 13:38:21
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1430
Logged by: Rick Walrond
Email address: rick(dot)walrond(at)mhs(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0
Operating system: Windows XP
Details:

I have installed v8.0 on 2 computers. My home computer which is the same OS
works just fine. At work for some reason if the Postgres service is running
the Windows CSRSS.EXE file constantly uses 40-60% of CPU time. If I stop the
Postgres service the CPU uses for CSRSS.EXE drops back down to 0-1% every
once in awhile. I have been install each version since BETA 5 and this was
never a problem.