Re: Privileges where not restored

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Düster Horst <Horst(dot)Duester(at)bd(dot)so(dot)ch>
Cc: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Privileges where not restored
Date: 2005-01-20 16:54:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 10:33:00AM +0100, Düster Horst wrote:

> I work with PostGIS. To update PostGIS you need to replace different
> functions, operators etc. for it it exists an update process which
> expect the use of a TOC list. I think the best way is to patch this
> pg_restore bug

I'm sure the developers would like to fix any bugs in pg_restore,
but they'll need to see a test case so they can find out what's
wrong. We've identified the ACL issue, but if there's an ordering
problem as well then the developers will need to know what circumstances
cause it.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/