Re: Privileges where not restored

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Düster Horst <Horst(dot)Duester(at)bd(dot)so(dot)ch>
Cc: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Privileges where not restored
Date: 2005-01-20 08:02:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 08:47:13AM +0100, Düster Horst wrote:

> >Are you sure reordering was necessary? Did you try to restore
> >without reordering the objects?
>
> Yes I tried the restore without reordering, but it doesn't work due to the
> fact that pg_restore tries to restore some objects of my DB before it is
> allowed to restore them. (View before Table and so on). Thus it is necessary
> to reorder.

Did you try with pg_dump and pg_restore from 8.0.0? I think they've
improved in this area. If you still have problems, then could you
provide a test case that demonstrates incorrect ordering? I'm sure
the developers would like to fix such problems if possible.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/