log file

From: "Keith Worthington" <keithw(at)narrowpathinc(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL Novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: log file
Date: 2005-01-20 00:32:02
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All,

I have a client application that is unable to write to the database. I
suspect a permission problem. Is there a log file that shows the commands
that the server is executing? Where should I start to look for it and what
controls where it is written? Is there a way to increase/decrease the logging
level while I am troubleshooting? I am running PostgreSQL v8rc5 on RedHat
Enterprise Linux v3.

Kind Regards,
Keith

99main Internet Services http://www.99main.com