Re: 8.0 drivers released.

From: Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak(at)officenet(dot)no>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.0 drivers released.
Date: 2005-01-18 12:15:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 12:58, you wrote:
> Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
> > NullPointerException:
> > at org.postgresql.Driver.getDefaultProperties(Driver.java:84)
> > at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:167)
> > at org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.open(JDBCRealm.java:599)
>
> Driver.java:84 is:
>
> Enumeration urlEnum =
> getClass().getClassLoader().getResources("org/postgresql/driverconfig.prope
>rties");
>
> I guess that org.postgresql.Driver is being loaded by the bootstrap
> classloader (getClassLoader() returns null). How exactly are you getting
> the driver jar into the classpath?

I saw that line too, but would never have guessed that getClassLoader()
returnes null(don't know much about classloaders). I'm trying to load a
ConnectionPool in Tomcat-5.0.28 and had my pg.jar in
$TOMCAT_HOME/common/endorsed/, when I moved it to $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib/ it
works ok. It used to work in common/endorsed with previous releases(including
8.0.beta4 which is the last one I tried before 8.0 final).

Anyway, the problem is now gone, thanks!

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak(at)officenet(dot)no>
Senior Software Developer / Manager