Use strict with plperl

From: "Mike G(dot)" <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Use strict with plperl
Date: 2005-01-17 15:25:37
Lists: pgsql-general

In 8.0 how does one have a plperl function use strict?

If I add "use strict" within the function body I receive an error message: "creation of Perl function failed: 'require' trapped by operation mask..."

If I do Create Function X AS .... Language 'plperl' strict volatile the function will compile and execute. However if I do not explicitly declare any variables as my / local / global it still executes which under the strict rule should not.

Mike