Re: query output in psql PROMPT

From: strk <strk(at)keybit(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: query output in psql PROMPT
Date: 2005-01-14 17:19:38
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 12:06:32PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> strk <strk(at)keybit(dot)net> writes:
> > A simple patch allow query output in psql PROMPT strings:
>
> Why is this a good idea? Having a query implicitly executed during
> every prompt will have a ton of bad side effects, for instance
> prematurely freezing the query snapshot in SERIALIZABLE transactions.

The only purpose for having made the patch is having current_schema()
printed on the prompt (for the first question).

I know the code is very dirty, is there a chance to current_schema()
as a variable if that won't change transaction status ?

--strk;

--

For standing up against patentability of software,

Thank You, Poland!

Read the intervention: http://kwiki.ffii.org/ConsPolon041221En
Send your thanks: thankyoupoland.info
Read/do more: http://www.noepatents.org/