character varying as boolean !!! help

From: "Francesco Andreozzi" <francesco(dot)andreozzi(at)proxime(dot)it>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: character varying as boolean !!! help
Date: 2005-01-13 11:18:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I think thi is a bug, I've a lot of db up with same structure and I don't have
any prioblem..
I'm using psql 7.4.2

the problem is that
i've a table

sportellounico=# \d cfp
Tabella "public.cfp"
Colonna | Tipo | Modificatori
------------------+-------------------+----------------------------------------------------------
cod_cfp | integer | not null default
nextval('public.cfp_cod_cfp_seq'::text)
cod_procedimento | bigint |
testo | character varying |

if I try to insert something it works.... but the update no....

sportellounico=# UPDATE cfp SET testo='test' AND cod_procedimento='82' where
cod_cfp='2';
ERROR: invalid input syntax for type boolean: "test"

?????????????????

so i've try to update with a boolean value, just for test and offcourse .....

sportellounico=# UPDATE cfp SET testo=true AND cod_procedimento='82' where
cod_cfp='2';
ERROR: column "testo" is of type character varying but expression is of type
boolean

I've try to drop the field and recreate... but nothing...
any suggestion?

Thankyou Francesco

--
Francesco Andreozzi