Re: Trace triggers

From: Terry Lee Tucker <terry(at)esc1(dot)com>
To: Lista dyskusyjna pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trace triggers
Date: 2005-01-13 14:51:15
Lists: pgsql-general

I don't know if there is some built in way of doing it, but we have
implemented the following in all our trigger code:

DECLARE
dbg BOOLEAN DEFAULT False; -- debug messages flag
BEGIN
IF dbg THEN
RAISE NOTICE ''% (%)'', TG_NAME, TG_OP;
END IF;

While developing triggers or a series of triggers, we turn that dbg flag on.
Then we can see what is happening.

On Thursday 13 January 2005 09:14 am, Marek Lewczuk saith:
> Hi,
> I have a table with many triggers. Now, it can happen that in middle of
> execution one of table's triggers there will be unknown error (like
> "NEW" is not assigned yet) - is there a way to trace which trigger fired
> this error ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> ML

> http://archives.postgresql.org