BUG #1392: could not select filter an entry from copied data table

From: "Kanu Patel" <kpry99(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1392: could not select filter an entry from copied data table
Date: 2005-01-12 20:12:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1392
Logged by: Kanu Patel
Email address: kpry99(at)yahoo(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 7.4.6
Operating system: Linux
Details:

I have postgresql 7.4.6 running on linux7.2. I have created couple tables
and loaded about 15k entries using copy command. If I try to get one
perticular entry using "select * from table where col = 'value';" command,
it does not return anything (return 0 row). But if I use the command: select
* from table;, it returns all rows. It filters select commands if the
entries are inserted into the tables manually using inser commands instead
of copy. The problem is - it does not filter select command if the data is
loaded using copy command. Any solution for that? Please email me at
kpry99(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)
Thanks. -- Kanu