Re: Increased error verbosity when querying row-returning functions

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Brendan Jurd <blakjak(at)blakjak(dot)sytes(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Increased error verbosity when querying row-returning functions
Date: 2005-01-11 23:42:07
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 09:23:26AM +1100, Brendan Jurd wrote:
> This patch to src/backend/executor/nodeFunctionscan.c is intended to
> make life a little easier for people using row-returning functions, by
> increasing the level of detail in the error messages thrown when
> tupledesc_match fails.

You should get rid of the returns, because ereport(ERROR) will never
return control to the function and they are thus dead code. And make
the function return void rather than bool.

Also follow the style: use "if (foo)" rather than "if( foo )". And
message style stipulates that the errdetail() message should start with
a capital (upper case?) letter.

"Pido que me den el Nobel por razones humanitarias" (Nicanor Parra)