BUG #1384: Bugs in PostgreSQl 8.0

From: "RANGARAJAN" <rangarajan(at)insoft(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1384: Bugs in PostgreSQl 8.0
Date: 2005-01-11 11:19:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1384
Logged by: RANGARAJAN
Email address: rangarajan(at)insoft(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0
Operating system: windows
Details:

Hello sir,

We have developed an web application in ASP.Net with back end as
POSTGreSQL Version 7.4 for Linux, which works fine without any issues.
Recently we had tested the same application with POSTGreSQL Version 8.0 for
Windows, there we found lots of issues like if we input more than 2010
characters in a text box it stores well in the database whereas while
fetching and displaying the same some junk characters are automatically
added to the value and it displays.

2.If we input longer text values in varchar field data is been saved.
while retrieving "no data - available error". It also stops the asp.net
worker process so we can't able to prceed further in the application.