PostgreSQL 8 win32 native confilct with Cygwin?

From: Zumbrunn Stefan <szumbrunn(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL 8 win32 native confilct with Cygwin?
Date: 2005-01-07 08:51:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Hi

I tried to install the native Windows version of
Postgresql8-rc3.
I got a warning that cygwin is installed an I should
remove /cygwin/bin
from my path since cygwin contains buggy dll's.

Is this really true - would buggy cygwin dll's
conflict with the native version
of PostgreSQL_8?

If so, is there a secure way of running both (cygwin &
PostgresSQL win32 native) at the same time?

And some more feedback:
Finally I did the installation on a different machine
and struggled with
following problems.
According to the manual, I should be able to run the
"createdb" command.
However, the postgresql/bin directory is not added to
the path
automatically and therefore the command did not work.
Is this the intention?

Is it save to have postgresql/bin and cygwin/bin in
the path - in this order?

Thanks for your help
Stefan