Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>, Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..
Date: 2005-01-06 19:04:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Tom Lane wrote:
> "Matthew T. O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net> writes:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Whether we're overestimating it or not, we have to make a decision and
> >> we have to make it now. This thread is singlehandedly delaying the 8.0
> >> release. Since I haven't seen any serious alternative proposed, I think
> >> we have to go with the CSIDL_APPDATA reference point.
> >>
> >> Given that decision it seems like the best names are
> >>
> >> APPDATA/postgresql/pgpass.txt
> >> APPDATA/postgresql/psqlrc.txt
> >> APPDATA/postgresql/psql_history
> >> APPDATA/postgresql/postgresql.crt
> >> APPDATA/postgresql/postgresql.key
> >> APPDATA/postgresql/root.crt
> >>
> >> Objections?
> >>

> > None. Looks good to me.
>
> BTW, I did not get any guidance on how best to refer to this directory
> in the documentation.

I would not use the *.txt. I think we just remove the dots and that is
it. Most config files on XP don't have *.txt so adding it isn't giving
us much, and as Magnus said someone who finds it is going to know how to
open it in wordpad.

To me *.txt identifies a description files like a README, not a config
file to be modified.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us