Re: race condition for drop schema cascade?

From: Kurt Roeckx <Q(at)ping(dot)be>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: race condition for drop schema cascade?
Date: 2004-12-29 12:45:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> pgbuildfarm=# select name, operating_system, stage, count from buildsystems
> b, (select sysname, stage, count(*) as count from build_status where log ~
> 'tablespace "testspace" is not empty' group by sysname, stage) as s where
> s.sysname=b.name;

Note that the expected log has that as error message after a
"drop tablespace testspace;", while it should works with a
"drop tablespace testspace cascade;".

How many of those errors are because of some other error? Like
dog for intance ran out of diskspace recently and had those in
the logs. I know panda also once ran out of diskspace, but the
logs for that aren't available on the site anymore.

When was the last time this error actually happened? Because
looking at emu (which seem to have it the most) shows that it's
last 30 builds are all succesful.

PS: It might be nice to have an option to keep the last X days of
all logs around.

Kurt