BUG #1357: Installation via Terminal Service

From: "Winfried Maus" <wmaus(at)wmaus(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1357: Installation via Terminal Service
Date: 2004-12-24 16:31:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1357
Logged by: Winfried Maus
Email address: wmaus(at)wmaus(dot)net
PostgreSQL version: 8.0
Operating system: Windows Server 2003
Details:

When trying to install PostgreSQL 8.0.0 RC2 within a CONSOLE Terminal
Session, the installer prompts a dialog box, that PostgreSQL cannot be
installed using a terminal session but must be run from the console.

Since RDP Client 5.2 supports the /console switch to force a terminal
session into console mode which works fine with every other software I tried
to install, I consider this behaviour a bug in the PostgreSQL installer.

Merry x-mas and greetings from Germany. :-)