Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re:

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Emily Boyd <emily(at)tinysofa(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)www(dot)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re:
Date: 2004-12-22 21:28:33
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, elein wrote:

> I also have to back up Emily and Tom on this.
>
> Stay neutral when a group is talking to a group.
> Individuals should do and say what they think
> is best. But collections imply homogeny when
> by definition we are not a homogenous group.
>
> Decrying something as "cough" "politically correct"
> is a way to avert the discussion and try to
> "win" by ridicule. This does not work with thinking
> people.

Please note that I wasn't trying to ridicule anyone ... I was only
label'ng an apple appropriately as an apple ... I personally find that the
PC trend towards "lack of labels" to be more offensive then not ... I
celebrate Xmas, and do so proudly ... I have friends that celebrate
Hannukah and Kwanza(sp?) and think that is cool too ... I have men
friends, and women friends, but as far as I know, I don't have any
'gender neutral friends' (and if I did, I'm not sure if I'd want to know
what that exactly entails *grin*) ...

----