Re: problems with debian+gnome2.2+pgadmin3

From: andre farias <andrebf73(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problems with debian+gnome2.2+pgadmin3
Date: 2004-12-21 22:42:41
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Raphaël!

Just to let you know I've downgraded my Gnome to
version 1.4 and everything(pgadmin) is working fine.

My Debian version is 3.0r2(woody stable) and the Gnome
backport 2.2 was downloaded from:
http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/mirrors.evilgeniuses.org.uk/debian/backports/woody
http://mirror.raw.no/

Raphaël, unfortunately I've had to do that because I
were in a hurry(lots of job to be done).

But it's ackward to downgrade gnome!!!

I'll try it again when I have a little more time.

Thanks a lot for your help!

André

--- Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
escreveu:
> andre farias wrote:
> > Hi Raphaël.
>
> Hi André,
>
> sorry for the delay,
>

> > i think you've got it!
>
> mmmh not sure we got it all ;)
>
> > all other gtk applications give me the same error
> > "GTK: cannot open display" when lauched at the
> > console tty1
> >
> > echo $DISPLAY gives me nothing at tty1
>
> ok, so this part is normal:
> pgAdmin is a GUI and needs a X server. There is no
> good reason to launch
> it from tty1.
>

> > i've opened the gnome terminal and there pgadmin3
> > gives me segmentation fault and the echo $DISPLAY
> > gives me :0.0
> >
> > attached goes the strace result.
> >
> > the version of my pgadmin III is 1.0.2.3.backpo
> from

ftp://ftp3.us.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/pgadmin3/release/debian

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Instale o discador do Yahoo! agora. http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/ - Internet rápida e grátis