pgjob registered on pgFoundary

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgjob registered on pgFoundary
Date: 2004-12-20 06:18:05
Lists: pgsql-general

I've registered pgjob on pgFoundary. The idea for this is to
periodically run SQL inside the database without the need for external
utilities. Initially we'll probably have to settle for using some kind
of external program to run this stuff, but eventually I'd like to see
enough support in the backend so that users will only need to enable
this.

I've setup a mailing list for development discussions. I think the first
order of business is to decide on the user API, but anyone who's
interested in this should join the list and put your $0.02 in.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant decibel(at)decibel(dot)org