Re: Solutions Linux 2005 Feb 1,2,3 Paris

From: Jean-Paul ARGUDO <jean-paul(at)argudo(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)argudo(dot)org>, elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Solutions Linux 2005 Feb 1,2,3 Paris
Date: 2004-12-17 13:47:03
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> > Have I to buy personaly, lets say, 50 Tshirts? Or can you send me 50
> > TShirts and I will return unsold one plus the money of the sold ones to the
> > sender???
>
> I have no problem with Postgresql.fr selling them ... they were a donation,
> after all ... but I'm not sure how many we have. I want enough to cover
> OSCON and LWE here.
> If you did sell them, we'd just want to be compensated for shipping.

Ok, seems there's a kind of misunderstanding, I sincerely apologize my english
is not as fluent as it should be.

What I want is just some tee-shirts, lets say ~10 for the staff of the booth.
I'd like everyone participating in the booth life had his own tee-shirt.

If the PG projects offers it, it would be great, but I dont want to force you to
do so, so I can buy those 10 TShirts first, and give it back to my folks there.
Since they are all volunteers, I would be glad of give 'em back a little gift.

On the other hand, Id like having a stock of ~50 TShirts to sell them, as every
booth at Solutions Linux expo does each year. Each association has goodies to
sell to make "a little" money to help them live during the year. That's what I
want to do too.

BUT in *NO WAY* I want PG project TO GIVE those 50 tshirts. What I want is to
give you back the money you would have if those tshirts were sold from the
internet site. So I just asked you how we could proceed for the payment of
those tshirts. As an evidence the best for us (pgfr.org) is have the stock here
at linux expo round 31/01/2005. You could send this bunch of tshirts paying the
shipping. As a return, when the expo is over, we send you back the money of the
sold tshirt (just give me *your* price) plus the money back of the shippement
you will pay.

If you have any problem regarding trust, commercial issues or whatever, keep me
in touch with it. I can understand you may not want send 50 Thirts without an
initial payment. Really, dont hesitate, I will understand. So, then, I'll have
to find people to help me buy it.

Hope this time I am understood?

Well, I did it long and boring with the hope everyone can understand what I
want.

Finaly:

~10 tshirts for the staff, as a gift or not from pg (if not, we would buy it, no
problem!)

~50 tshirts for the visitors to be sold. Hope we will sell everything. Our goal
is to sell them : your price + 1 or 2 euros for us = expo retail price.

Finaly, we will send you the money of the sold tshirt plus surplus unsold
tshirts back plus the shippment you will pay. (we hope the 1/2 surplus euros
will cover this shippement :-/ )

Cya, Thanks a lot to everyone on this list answering my crap english :)

--
Jean-Paul ARGUDO

Site perso : http://www.argudo.org
PostgreSQL : http://www.postgresql(fr).org