Re: missing schemas from template1

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: drdani(at)mazsola(dot)iit(dot)uni-miskolc(dot)hu
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: missing schemas from template1
Date: 2004-12-16 17:13:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 03:38:06PM +0100, drdani(at)mazsola(dot)iit(dot)uni-miskolc(dot)hu wrote:

> Our provider tries to install postgresql 8.0.0-rc1 on a s390 machine
> (suse 7 or like). They compiled the source and installed it without
> problems, and initdb looks to worked well too. But there is not any
> schema in template1 database, so we can't really start our work.

How are you determining that there are no schemas? Might you be
using an old client that isn't schema-aware? Schemas were added
in 7.3, as I recall.

This is a different issue, but you aren't trying to work in template1,
are you? Template1 is the skeleton used when creating new databases --
you should be using CREATE DATABASE or createdb to create the database
you'll be working in.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/