BUG #1349: Gap in documentation - pg_dump

From: "PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1349: Gap in documentation - pg_dump
Date: 2004-12-16 08:16:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1349
Logged by: PiotrL

Email address: vpiotr(at)poczta(dot)onet(dot)pl

PostgreSQL version: 7.4.6

Operating system: Windows

Details:

I'm sorry, but I didn't found a better place to report that:

There is no information how to specify user's password in pg_dump
documentation. I have spent half of day searching for that (pg_hba.conf was
not working for me) and the answer is very simple:

You can use SET variables for that:

PGUSER=web-user
PGPASSWORD=secret

Please include that in pg_dump documentation.

Regards,
Piotr