pg_live

From: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_live
Date: 2004-12-15 16:50:36
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi all,

Next week I begin my work updating pg_live, the postgres live CD that was introduced this past summer at OSCON.

It will feature a live working postgres 8.0, updated documentation and will include the windows installer with binary. As well, pg_live will contain a complete set of diagnostic utilities for system and network administration to serve as an emergency boot CD.

The idea is to have the CD ready for Linux World (Boston) 2005. However, if I can get some assistance from the community, I would like to make it compatible for the Solutions Linux that will be held in Paris this coming February too by getting the documentation translated into the appropriate languages.

SRA America and Afilias are both playing a part, i.e. money for pressing the CDs.

I will be making available the iso image to the community when all is ready.

Contact me directly if you would like a copy of the iso that was used at OSCON.

cheers

Robert Bernier

  • Re: pg_live at 2004-12-15 17:12:04 from Josh Berkus
  • Re: pg_live at 2004-12-15 19:29:36 from Guillaume LELARGE