SIG-BEER-WEST: Saturday 12/18 at 2:00pm in Oakland

From: David Alban <extasia(at)extasia(dot)org>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SIG-BEER-WEST: Saturday 12/18 at 2:00pm in Oakland
Date: 2004-12-12 07:06:28
Lists: sfpug

SIG-beer-west
http://extasia.org/sig-beer-west/
Saturday, December 18, 2004 at 2:00 pm
San Francisco Bay area, CA

Beer. Mental stimulation.

This event:
Saturday, 12/18/2004, 2:00 pm, at [1]Casa Donde, Oakland

[1] http://casadonde.org/

Coming events (third Saturdays):
Saturday, 01/15/2005, 6:00 pm, location to be determined
Saturday, 02/19/2005, 6:00 pm, location to be determined
Saturday, 03/19/2004, 6:00 pm, location to be determined
Saturday, 04/16/2004, 6:00 pm, location to be determined

The San Francisco Bay area's next social event for techies and their
friends, sig-beer-west, will take place at 2:00 pm on Saturday,
December 18, 2004 at [2]Casa Donde. Directions are provided on the
Casa Donde web page.

[2] http://casadonde.org/

Please note the time for this month's event is 2:00 pm, not 6:00 pm.

Casa Donde is former warehouse space that has been converted into the
private residence of David Fetter, this month's guest host for this
month's guest event. One of David's hobbies is brewing. Your
SIG-beer-west Instigator has enjoyed many a glass of David's fine
brews. David has invited SIG-beer-west to a brewing event. He says:

Ever wondered how beer comes to be? Wonder no more! We'll be
brewing at Casa Donde <http://casadonde.org/>. Brewing is not
required, and beer will be available.

Everyone is welcome at this event. We mean it! Please feel free to
forward this information and to invite friends, co-workers, and others
(all of legal drinking age) who might enjoy lifting a glass with
interesting folks from all over the place.

Can't come this month? Mark your calendar for next month. (Do it now
before you forget!) sig-beer-west occurs on the third Saturday of
each month.

Want to suggest a venue? Suggestions for new places to sip and gab
are always welcome. Have questions, comments, or other ideas
concerning sig-beer-west? Send all correspondence to the current
sig-beer-west Instigator. The Instigator's handle is extasia. The
Instigator's email address is <*the handle*> at <*the handle*> dot
<*org*>. A subject beginning with "sbw: " will increase the chances
that the Instigator's spam filters don't molest your message.

sig-beer-west FAQ

1. Q: Your announcement says "techies and their friends". How do I
know if I'm a techie, or a friend of one?

A: Well, actually, you don't have to be a techie to attend. You
just have to be able to find this month's event. That's it.
Simple, huh?

2. Q: I'm not really a beer person. In fact I'm interested in
hanging out, but not in drinking. Would I be welcome?

A: Absolutely! The point is to hang out with fun, interesting
folks. Please do join us.

3. Q: I've been thinking about attending sig-beer-west for some time
now. Maybe I should start with this event?

A: Yes!!

sig-beer-west was started in February 2002 when a couple Washington,
D.C. based systems administrators who moved to the San Francisco Bay
area wanted to continue a [3]dc-sage tradition, sig-beer, which is
described in dc-sage web space as:

SIG-beer, as in "Special Interest Group - Beer" ala ACM, or as in
"send the BEER signal to that process".

The original SIG-beer gathering takes place in Washington DC,
usually on the first Saturday night of the month.

[3] http://www.dc-sage.org/