Re: postgresql-7.4.5

From: Philip Yarra <philip(at)utiba(dot)com>
To: ElayaRaja S <elayaraja(dot)s(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql-7.4.5
Date: 2004-12-07 05:59:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

Hi, I believe any of those jar files should be okay to connect to 7.4.5. It
looks to me like those different jar files implement different versions of
JDBC, but all are intended for postgresql 7.4.x. There's actually an
explanation at http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html

If you are having trouble connecting, make sure the postgresql server is
listening on a TCP socket (by default 5432) and that you can actually connect
to it (use telnet or netcat to check this). By default postgresql will only
listen on a Unix domain socket. You can change this in your postgresql.conf
file.

If your java code runs on a different machine than the one that the database
server runs on, check that the server's pg_hba.conf file will allow
connections from the machine where the java code runs. You can verify this by
using `psql -h <remote_machine> -l` (that's a lower-case L) - if psql can't
connect, neither can JDBC.

Hope this helps, if not, please post more details about what you did, and what
actually happened (or did not happen). Source code may help.

Regards, Philip.

PS: INTERFACES is the best place to ask this sort of question