Re: Press FAQ/Volunteer FAQ

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Press FAQ/Volunteer FAQ
Date: 2004-12-06 22:17:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh Berkus wrote:
> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/26/press_FAQ.txt

Sounds good, except for this:

"US and international law currently makes it difficult to publish
benchmarks for competing commercial database systems"

I think you are looking for "the end-user license agreements of the
products in question". I don't know of any restrictions on
benchmarking that is due to standard law. IT magazines certainly
publish benchmarks all the time without asking anyone.

--
Peter Eisentraut