Re: Why the current setup of pgsql.* and

To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why the current setup of pgsql.* and
Date: 2004-11-28 10:01:25
Lists: pgsql-general

If you mean that the mailing list will stay in-tact with no connection to
Usenet I'm all for that.... Why not let everyone use whichever works best
for them and if one of them fades away over time, so be it....

I happen to like the mailing list and dislike the news groups, perhaps
I'm just too jaded about them these days.... I'm sure there are
sufficient people in both mediums who are happy to help out when they
can.. I truly don't understand why there is this effort to try and force-
fit a mailing list which already works well into the Usenet system --
just start a new newsgroup list and be done with it. If people want to
use it, they will, I reckon.....

.. I can appreciate that having a single source would be a "good thing",
but not if it can't be done cleanly -- which is the message I'm getting
loud and clear from what everyone has been saying....

- Greg