Re: missing function?

From: "Keith Worthington" <keithw(at)narrowpathinc(dot)com>
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>, Keith Worthington <keithw(at)narrowpathinc(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: missing function?
Date: 2004-11-27 18:25:45
Lists: pgsql-novice

> > We just started to play with the 8.0.0 Beta and can't seem to
> > find the function lower() which we used in our where clauses
> > to lower case text. Can anyone explain where it can be found.
>
> What do you mean "can't seem to find"? What error or unexpected
> results are you getting? What happens when you execute the
> following statement?
>
> SELECT lower('ABC');
>
> If that works but another query doesn't, then please post the
> simplest possible example that demonstrates the problem.
>
> --
> Michael Fuhr
> http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Executing the above SQL statement works fine on both our 7.3.6 and 8.0.0 Beta4
servers. So obviously the server itself is fine. The Beta4 server is a
windows based system. When using pgadmin and expanding functions under public
the lower() function is not displayed. But that is true on either server so I
do not put much faith in that fact. We are using Visual Basic 6 to talk to
both servers. It seems like we may be having an issue with the ADO control
that is between VB6 and postgreSQL. Thanks for your help.

99main Internet Services http://www.99main.com