Re: Bitmap index

From: "Pawel Niewiadomski" <new-pgsql(at)foo-baz(dot)com>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bitmap index
Date: 2004-11-26 10:25:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:26:41 +1100, Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com> wrote :

> On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 07:57 +0000, PaweX Niewiadomski wrote:
> > I saw discussion about bitmap indexes few weeks ago. I wonder if
> > any of you is working on it (in secret)?
>
> For what it's worth, I don't know of anyone working on them.
>
> > I will be chosing subject
> > of my master thesis and thougth about implementing bitmap indexes.
>
> No objection here :)

My promoter accepted the subject. I'm waiting for an official acceptance
of the subject. Until then I would want to get familiar with PostgreSQL
internals and bitmap index implementations. I will appreciate
any links to online papers, books that could help me.

--
**Pawel Niewiadomski**, new()foo-baz.com, http://new.foo-baz.com/
Virtual Qmail (http://v-q.foo-baz.com), qmail-patches (http://q-p.foo-baz.com)