Re: Using PostgreSQL As A Personal Database

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Jeff Flowers <duckfoo(at)fastmail(dot)fm>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using PostgreSQL As A Personal Database
Date: 2004-11-22 21:08:00
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 14:55:50 -0500,
Jeff Flowers <duckfoo(at)fastmail(dot)fm> wrote:
> So my question is: how much data needs to be stored before PostgreSQL is
> worth the effort? Also, do people even use PostgreSQL at home for
> personal, non-weblog stuff?

The amount of data isn't the main consideration. Postgres would be useful
if you wanted to have queries about you comic books use an index or if
there was some data about them that had rules you wanted enforced.

I would think it would be overkill to use postgres if you are just
occasionally adding the names to the list and will just want the whole
list if there is an accident.