function returning a row

From: Kjetil Haaland <kjetil(dot)haaland(at)student(dot)uib(dot)no>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: function returning a row
Date: 2004-11-18 13:54:31
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello

I have made my own type alignres that holds a string and an integer. I have
created the type in postgres and tried to insert into it and it works. I also
have a function that returns a row (or composite type). I have used

tupdesc = RelationNameGetTupleDesc("alignres");

to set it to return my own type. When i try to use the function in postgres
it says

ERROR: relation "alignres" does not exist

If i try to let the function use a type that is only created in postgres (not
c code) then it works.

Is it possible to use my own type to be returned?

-Kjetil