a question about the installation

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: p_zyh(at)sohu(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: a question about the installation
Date: 2004-11-17 19:34:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

P:

>   I encounter some error while trying to build postgresql-8.0.0beta4.
>   When I run gmake, it reports that some macros used in path.c are not
> defined. I check that file and find that macros such as PGBINDIR are really
> not defined. Please tell me what should I do now.

Um, did you run configure before running gmake?

Please post:
1) How you obtained 8.0b4 and in in what format.
2) what platform you are on, and what exact version
3) your version of gcc
4) the /configure options and the gmake command you sent.
5) the full error output of the failed build.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions