Re: Primary webserver move

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Primary webserver move
Date: 2004-11-17 00:44:20
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 10:37:34PM -0000, Dave Page wrote:
> Earlier this evening, Marc & I finished moving the primary front end web
> server to a box in the US. This machine is very lightly loaded, running
> only 3 VMs, 2 of which are postgresql.org ones. All pages remain built
> on svr2.postgresql.org, which also processes any interactive pages
> through it's new hostname, scripts.postgresql.org.
>
> If anyone notices any problems, please let us know.

My DNS server still has "www.postgresql.org. CNAME svr2.postgresql.org."
in its cache and that machine gives 404 for the following images:

/images/gif/pgsqlicon2.gif
/images/jpg/lily001top.jpg
/images/jpg/lily001bottom.jpg

Those images do get served up if I hit http://svr2.postgresql.org/
instead of http://www.postgresql.org/. My proxy logs show that
both requests go to the same address (200.46.204.209).

It looks like the new CNAME record points to svr4.postgresql.org
(66.98.251.159). I tried to hit http://svr4.postgresql.org/ and
got a redirect to http://www.svr4.postgresql.org, which doesn't
exist. It might be useful if that server could be configured
to work for http://svr4.postgresql.org/.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/