Re: libplperl.so and libperl.so

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, andrew(at)supernews(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libplperl.so and libperl.so
Date: 2004-11-16 22:31:41
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tom Lane wrote:
> Peter, it was you that committed the current contents of
> config/perl.m4; do you recall why it wants to remove ccdlflags from
> the Embed results?

The ldopts value contains compiler-specific shared library linking flags
plus information about additional library to link in. The ccdlflags
value contains only the compiler-specific shared library linking flags.
If we subtract the second from the first, we get the information about
additional library to link in, which is what we wanted to get out of
it.

The poster apparently needs the rpath information, but I think he'll
have to get that some other way.

--
Peter Eisentraut